Highlights of this release include:
- New Client Libs* – new Linux C++ Client, Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010.
- New Unity Example – we’ve built a UNET version of brainCloud Bombers
- Performance optimizations – ongoing optimizations to tune performance and scalability
* All other clients updated with the latest APIs, of course.
Changes to the portal:
- Linux is now a selectable platform – see Design | Core App Info | Platforms
- Disable Event-checking – If you aren’t using events, you can disable checking for them in each message by unchecking the option in Design | Core App Info | Compatibility Settings
- Flexible User Deletion – ability to Delete all Test Users, and All but Test Users. In portal under Design | Core App Info | Admin Tools
- File transfer usage – now being reported in API Usage section of Reporting
API Changes / Additions
Changes and additions to the APIs:
- We’re reworking our Events system a bit:
- GetEvents() method added to support directly polling for new events
- Authenticate() and GetPlayerState() continue to return incoming and sent events.
Misc. Changes / Fixes
Additional improvements in this release:
- Apple push notification certificates without passwords now work (before a password was *required*).
- Improved error logs – script failures being more consistently logged now, and with more information
- Improved matchmaking – we’ve improved the randomness of our matchmaking routines