brainCloud is free during development – but in development apps have restrictions (100 users per day, no live in-app purchases, 1000 users lifetime).
Publishing your app and associating it with a brainCloud Subscription Plan removes those limitations.
Creating your billing account
brainCloud has integrated with a 3rd party billing system to control and manage brainCloud subscriptions, pricing, monthly invoicing, coupons and discounts.
You must first create a billing account, and set up a credit card for payment, before you can publish apps.
To create your billing account:
- Go to the Team | Team Info page
- Go to the Billing Information section at the bottom of the page, and click the [Edit Billing] button
- An e-mail will be sent to you, with a link to click to create your billing account. Click the link.
- Follow the instructions to create a billing account userid and password
(Note – this is separate from the brainCloud portal account, and keeps your credit card information private)
- Enter your contact info on the [Customer Information] tab
- Enter your payment info on the [Payment Method] tab
When you’re done entering the information in the billing portal:
- return to the brainCloud portal, and go to the Team | Team Info page
- The Account Status displayed at the bottom of the Billing Info section should say “Ready to go live”. If it doesn’t, hit the [Refresh Billing] button
You’re now all set to publish your app.
Publish Your App
Once your billing info is set up, publishing an app is very straightforward.
To publish your app:
- Go to the Apps management page (Team | Apps)
- Find the app in the list, and click the [Go Live!] button
- You’ll be asked to choose the Subscription Plan to associate with your app
(You can choose between our Standard and Business Plans. The Business Plan offers additional enterprise and integration features, plus higher base API and storage/download amounts. For full details, see this page.)
- Select from the list, and click [Choose Plan]. You’re done!
The Apps page should refresh to reflect the updated status of your app. If it doesn’t, choose Refresh from the Action menu.
Your app is now live – your first monthly payment will be processed at the end of the month. Note that any flat fees associated with your subscription (i.e. the $30 flat fee associated with the standard plan) will be pro-rated according to how many days are left in the month.