Highlights of this release include:
- New-and-Improved Objective-C Client – we’ve rebuilt our Objective-C client to support all our latest APIs.
- Twitter Authentication Support – your users can now use Twitter to log into your app. How social!
- API Calls from Cloud Code are now free!* As per our original intent, API calls from cloud code scripts are now free*. This incentivises you to write simple scripts to aggregate multiple calls – reducing round-trips to our servers, which reduces our costs – and in turn reduces yours!
* Minor adjustments to the Cloud Code billing strategy were introduced in 2.17 to accommodate long-running Cloud Code scripts.
Changes to the portal:
- Developers can now set their brainCloud App Secret directly (see Design | Core App Info | Application IDs)
- Developers can now view and edit the Indexed ID property of their Global Entities in the portal (see Monitoring | Global Monitoring | Global Entities). This field is useful for creating quick lookup keys for your entities.
- The Recently Added Users page has been optimized (see Monitoring | User Monitoring)
- API calls from within Cloud Code scripts are now displayed separately on the Reporting | API Usage page of the portal
API Changes / Additions
Changes and additions to the APIs:
- New Twitter Identity APIs – AuthenticateTwitter(), AttachTwitterIdentity(), DetachTwitterIdentity() and MergeTwitterIdentity().
Misc. Changes / Fixes
Additional improvements in this release:
- Performance optimizations:
- Improved Multiplayer Matchmaking performance
- Improved Leaderboard performance
- Documentation Improvements:
- Improved Multiplayer documentation
- Improved Push Notification documentation
- Improved Facebook IAP documentation
- Misc. fixes and optimizations
- Fixes to push notifications subsystems to improve reliability
- Fixes to deletion of users – some credentials (e-mail + universal) were not always being deleted
- Improvements / fixes to leaderboard processing at high player counts