Release 2.12.0 has gone public! There are some tasty goodies in this one – please read below for the highlights!
Highlights of this release include:
- Scheduled Cloud Code – you can now schedule cloud code scripts to run at a specific time. This tool is very powerful and gives you the ability to defer task execution as benefits your game/app. See this page for more information on how to use this great new feature.
- Paged Global Entity Fetches – it is now possible to retrieve more than 100 Global Entities. We’ve created a new paging system that allows you to navigate a larger set of Global Entities. The paging APIs use a sophisticated query syntax which gives you search and ordering flexibility. The query syntax is described here and the API itself can be found here.
- Support for “Lower Is Better” Leaderboards – You can now create Leaderboards where the best score kept will be the lowest score the user has posted.
- S3 File Listing – we’ve created a new API that makes it even easier to fetch the list of files uploaded to S3.
- Global Monitoring | Job Queue – this is where you’ll find details about scheduled cloud script jobs. We also keep a history of jobs that have run in the past which is useful when diagnosing issues with your scripts.
- Design | Quests – now include Unlock Criteria, and Rewards which can use any combination of user level/XP, player statistics or global statistics. Rewards can also pay out currency and/or achievements.
- Misc Fixes
API Changes / Additions
- Schedule Cloud Code – To schedule cloud code you can use one of these APIs.
- BrainCloudScript.ScheduleRunScriptUTC() for an absolute date.
- BrainCloudScript.ScheduleRunScriptMinutes() for scheduling x minutes from now.
- Global Entity Paged Fetches – To fetch global entities by Page
- BrainCloudGlobalEntity.GetPage() – Call this for the first fetch, specifying the fetch query
- BrainCloudGlobalEntity.GetPageOffset() – Call this for subsequent fetches passing in the returned context variable
- BrainCloudFriend.FindPlayerByName() – This API allows you to search for a player by their player name (settable using “BrainCloudPlayerState.UpdatePlayerName)
- Attach/Detach Google Identity – To allow you to attach and detach Google identities.
- BrainCloudS3Handling.GetFileList() – To retrieve the full list of S3 files stored on brainCloud
- BrainCloudSocialLeaderboard – Calls to TriggerSocialLeaderboardTournamentReward now require the use of a leaderboardId to identify the leaderboard.
Misc. Changes / Fixes
Addressed in this release:
- Unity library IsAuthenticated – Session time outs will now cause this flag to be set to false.
- Post score to dynamic leaderboard – APIs now take in the hour/minute to allow setting the rotation time.