brainCloud Bombers is a fun little game, written in Unity, that demonstrates how brainCloud can work together with external multiplayer tech (such as Unity UNET or Exit Games’ Photon) to produce real-time multiplayer game experiences.
[Remember – brainCloud includes everything you need for turn-based (i.e. Trivia Crack) and offline (i.e. Clash of Clans) multiplayer, but does not provide real-time (i.e. Team Fortress 2) or near real-time (i.e. Hearthstone) multiplayer support – for that, a solution like UNET or Photon is ideal.]
Bombers is a fun multiplayer game with the following features:
- Game objective: Destroy the other team’s fleet to win
- Two stage gameplay: Dogfight to collect bombs, then drop the bombs to destroy enemy ships
- Controls: Keyboard + mouse
- Players: Max 8 players per match
- Leaderboards: Global leaderboards
- Achievements: 3 achievements to earn
- Cloud saves: Player progression is saved as they level up
- Bombers UNET version (Mac) – download and install to play
- Bombers UNET version (PC) – download and install to play
- Bombers Photon version (Web) – uses the Unity Web Player, so be sure to use a compatible browser!
Full Source Available
The full source of brainCloud bombers has been made available for our developers. Feel free to use and extend it – but please replace all art for commercial efforts and be sure to use brainCloud! Good luck!
- Read about how brainCloud bombers was written
- View the source (Github)
- Build it yourself!
- Download it from the Unity Asset Store!